Richard A. Wolfe began his bowling career in 1979 as a member of the Virginia Youth Masters League at Seminary Lanes in Alexandria. During his 24 years as an adult member of the NCAUSBCA, he has consistently distinguished himself:Back to Hall of Fame
- A total of 40 perfect games in league play and Professional Bowlers Association (PBA) tournaments.
- Two 800 series—801 and 838.
- Four PBA Regional Tour titles: (PBA South), LaGrange, Ga., 1988, and Norfolk, Va., 1989; (PBA West), Ew Beach, Hawaii, 1992; and (PBA East), Pensauken, N.J., 2000.
- Two Syd Jones Scratch Shootout titles.
- Six Tournament Concepts Ultimate Scratch Challenge titles.
- Member of the first-place team in the Men’s Commercial League at Bowl America Falls Church in 1996.
Winner of the 2006-2007 PBA Steve Nagy Sportsmanship Award, Richard twice earned exempt status on the PBA National Tour and during his professional career has made seven national television appearances. Noted instructor John Jowdy hasdescribed his physical game as one of the best he’s ever seen in all his years in bowling.
When not participating in PBA Tour events, Richard works at the Sports Plus Pro Shop located inside AMF Annandale, assisting customers in ball selection and drilling equipment to their specifications. He also provides outstanding bowling instruction to youth and adult bowlers.
Richard A. Wolfe is without question one of the finest bowlers ever from this area. At the highest level of the sport, he has accomplishments no other local bowler can claim. Needless to say, he is an outstanding addition to the NCAUSBCA Hall of Fame.