Bowling Technology Study Effective Dates
EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2019
- Only a dry towel can be used to clean bowling balls during competition.
- Liquid cleaners of any kind will only be allowed before or after competition.
EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2020
- All balance holes will be eliminated and deemed illegal for use in USBC-certified competition. Work with your local pro shop to have all balance holes plugged by July 31, 2020.
- A bowler cannot change the static weight of a ball during competition by drilling gripping holes deeper.
- House balls will be the exception from the new gripping holes rule. NOTE: A ball left in a bowling center by a bowler to be used as a house ball is not considered a house ball.